Fried Ice Cream
- 1 pint Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Crushed corn flake
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Oil for deep frying
- Honey to taste
- Whipped cream
- Scoop out 4 to 5 balls of ice cream. Return to freezer.
- Mix corn flake crumbs, cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll frozen ice cream balls in half of crumb mixture and freeze again.
- Beat egg and dip coated balls in egg, then roll again in remaining crumbs. Freeze until ready to use. (For thicker coating, repeat dipping in egg and rolling in crumbs. )
- When ready to serve, heat oil to 350F. Place 1 frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on perforated spoon and lower into hot oil 1 minute. Immediately remove and place in dessert dish.
- Drizzle with honey and top with dollop of whipped cream.
Continue to fry balls one at a time. Balls will be crunchy on outside and just beginning to melt inside. Makes 5-6 servings.
Click here for more Honey Recipes.