Healthy Moist Honey Banana Bread
Try using Cotton Honey has a certain fullness to it, as well as a butter-rum taste, that goes well with bananas. Definitely use a honey with a full flavor, such as Brazilian Pepper Honey (with a maple quality to it, though not a maple flavor), or even a Wildflower Honey.
- 1/3 cup high-quality vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (roughly 2 large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups white flour
- optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 F, and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In bowl, beat vegetable oil, honey, eggs and water or milk with a beater or whisk until consistent.
- Use beater or whisk to mix in bananas, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon until consistent.
- Use a spoon to mix in the flour until moist. (Add any chocolate, nuts, or raisins at this point, too!)
- Pour into loaf pan, sprinkle more cinnamon on top. ('Cause who doesn't like cinnamon, right?)
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack until ready to serve.
Click here for more Honey Recipes.