Honey Pecan Pie
This wonderful recipe uses all honey, and no sugar or karo syrup. The end result is better than your standard pie, since the honey and the nuts accentuate each other. Plus, this is so easy to make!
You will want to use a stronger honey in order to complement the nuts. Almond Honey is an obvious choice, since it already has a nutty taste to it. Killer Bee Honey offers a nice caramel touch to the finished pie. Cotton Honey adds a nice depth, with its hints of butter-rum.
Makes 1 pie.
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 deep-dish pie crust
- Boil the honey. (It will boil quickly, so watch carefully - you do not want to scorch it!)
- Quickly add eggs and mix well. (For?the experienced cooks?out there - yes, this sounds odd, but it does work.)
- Add everything else and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell. (You can sprinkle pecan halves on top at this point, if you wish.)
- Bake at 325 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Serve warm, topped with ice cream.
Click here for more Honey Recipes.