Old World Honey Cake
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until they turn light, approximately five minutes.
- Then beat in the oil, honey, and coffee to the egg mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients, and add them to the egg mixture with stirring. along with the almonds and raisins.
- Oil 2 9-inch loaf pans. Line the bottom with wax paper, then oil again.
- Fill each pan until approximately 1" from the top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes, or until the cakes test done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans. Coat with Honey Glaze.
Click here for more Honey Recipes.